LMT, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
Certified Yoga Therapist C-IAYT
Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-500)
Kirtan Chant Lead - Lover of the Mystery
Trevor Eller began practicing Yoga in 1997 and teaching in 2002. His approach to yoga is well-rounded, adhering to the spiritual dimensions of the practice while integrating western Anatomical principles and Secular Mindfulness. He has lived in a number of yoga ashrams and traveled to India, maintaining a daily yoga practice for over 20 years. He is passionate about making yoga accessible to people of all life phases and experiences.
Trevor’s ability to work with diverse populations comes as part of his Certification as a Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT) and an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (E-RYT). Trevor is a 500-hour level teacher with Yoga Alliance. His practice as a yoga teacher and one-on-one Yoga Therapist focuses on Western Anatomy and Ayurveda as assessment tools. He is also an Ayurvedic Consultant with the American Institute of Vedic Studies. He has been a student of Dr. Frawley's (Acharya Vamadeva Sahastrji) work since 2004. He has also studied Yoga and Ayurveda for health processionals with Dr. Hari Pallathery in 2014. Trevor has also studied the teachings of the late Mukunda Stiles view on Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy with his direct student Susan Rand. Ayurveda as a full system of medicine is a major component of Trevors Yoga Therapy work.
Trevor is a Licensed Massage Therapist in the State of Michigan and practices Orthopedic Massage and Assessment Techniques, Thai Massage, and Myomassology: a natural outgrowth of Swedish relaxation massage that incorporates techniques such as trigger point therapy, energy work, reflexology, and neuromuscular reeducation.
Trevor's interest in yoga is first and foremost rooted in the ancient spiritual lineages of yoga. He is also well studied in modern anatomy and enjoys blending ancient energy principles of yoga with western anatomy. His spiritual longings brought him on pilgrimages to many masters across various traditions, Yogic, Sikh, Hindu, and Buddhist, he has integrated a variety of lineages into his practice.
In 2001 he traveled to Southern India where he undertook a month-long Naad Yoga intensive and temple pilgrimage with his mantra teacher Shri Param Eswaran. In 2003, Trevor attended the second to last teacher training with Yogi Bhajan Master of Kundalini Yoga and worked as seasonal staff at the Omega Center in upstate New York in 1998 and 2003. At this time, he studied Thai massage, yoga and other healing arts with internationally known teachers, including a deeply personally transformational week of mindfulness with Zen Master, Thich Nhat Hanh. With a deep appreciation for her massive humanitarian efforts, he has been a devotee of the hugging Saint Mata Amritanandamayi Ma Devi affectionally known as Amma, since he accidentally stumbled into her programs in 1999. In 2004 he lived at Song Of The Morning - A Yoga Retreat of Excellence - and in 2004/2005 at Hacienda De Guru Ram Das, practicing meditation, chanting, and asana (physical yoga) daily.
Trevor has traveled the country and abroad playing kirtan (Yogic Chanting). His album Engrossed is distributed world-wide by Spirit Voyage Recording Label and is loved by many. He has played as a side musician with his friend Gurunam Singh and Simrit Kaur at Bhakti Fest and Sat Nam Fest, the two largest kirtan/mantra festivals in the United States, and has organized a local monthly non-sectarian community chanting event (full moon kirtan) for many years.
He is well versed in mantra, mudra, pranayama, yogic diet cleansing, and herbs as well as asana (physical yoga). His primary practice is Kriya Yoga as given by Paramahamsa Hariharananda and Paramahmsa Prajnanananda. He is eternally grateful for the gift of initiation into the ancient science of Kriya Yoga. His deepest and most profound teachings have come from the Swamis and Acharyas of this lineage of Kriya Yoga.
He is currently studying yogic scriptures, the Puranas, and Vedanta with Acharya Sripada Raju, senior priest at the Hindu Temple of Lansing. Trevor has been authorized by the late Sanyasani Bandana Puri Devi of the Sri Sri Saradeswari Asharm Kolkata, and Gaurivrata Puri Devi to function as a Spiritual Head of the Yoga Maya Center. (our umbrella name). Yoga Maya translates as the living power of God in the world. Mataji Gaurivrata blessed Trevor Chaitanya to work as a spiritual affiliate, with absolute independence, yet eternally ONE with Mothers Trust ashram. Mataji Gaurivrata and Sanyasani Bandana Puri Devi blessed Trevor Chaitanya to work to fulfill his unique mission as a bodyworker, yoga teacher and kirtan leader. Trevor was given the name Chaitanya Prabhu “master of wisdom” by Bandana Puri Devi on January 1st, 2016, the wish-fulfilling day of the great master Sri Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.
Yoga & Yoga Therapy Training
• Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan, 3HO - 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Hari Kaur Khalsa and Yogi Bhajan
• Yoga Therapy Om - 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Sussie Rand
• Intermediate Teacher Training Integral Yoga San Francisco with Swami Ramananda and Snehan Born
• Stress Management Teacher Training, Integral Yoga with Swami Ramananda, Swami Divyananda, and Swami Vidyananda
• Foundations of Integral Yoga Therapy with Swami Vidyananda, Lakshmi Sutter, and Dr. Steffany Moonaz
• Yoga, Fascia & The New Anatomy with Tom Myers
• Yoga for Lower Back Pain: Keys to Sacroiliac Stability and Ease of Movement with Donna Farhi
• Teaching Yoga to Older Beginners: Essential Skills for Teaching in a Graying World with Carol Krucoff and Kimberly Carson
• Yoga for Arthritis with Dr. Loren Fishmen
Ayurveda & Meditation Training
• Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda for Health Care Professionals with Dr. Hari Pallatheri
• Ayurvedic Consultant American Institute of Vedic Studies - Dr. David Frawley
• Yoga, Ayurveda, Mantra, and Meditation - Dr. David Frawley
• Ananda Meditation Teacher Training - Ananda Yoga with Nayaswami Gyandev McCord
• Palouse Mindfulness Online Training
• Licensed Massage Therapist in the State of Michigan since 2012
• Irene's Myomassology Institute 650 Hour Massage School
• Thai Massage Training at Omega Institute and Irene's Myomassology Institute
• Active Isolated Stretching Upper and Lower Body with Dr. Ben Benjamin
• Orthopedic Massage Assessment and Treatment of the Low back with Dr. Ben Benjamin
• Orthopedic Massage Assessment and Treatment of the Neck with Dr. Ben Benjamin
• Orthopedic Massage Assessment and Treatment of the Shoulder with Dr. Ben Benjamin
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
"Trevor is an incredibly gifted healer and I couldn't recommend him more highly [...] I have been working with him semi-regularly for a year. Before working with Trevor, I tried to address my back pain by seeing a DO, two different physical therapists, a chiropractor, and a craniosacral therapist with little relief. When my pain was at its worst, the thing I looked forward to most in my week was a session with Trevor because I knew through his practice, he would actually make it go away."
"His Thai massage focuses on the body and the releases experienced travel all the way through to the inner self and subconscious. I have had quite a bit of body work done and am a Reiki healer myself and nothing compares to the educated and mindful massages that Trevor administers. [...] Whether you're experiencing physical or mental pain, Trevor is your massage therapist!"
–Madeline, Reiki healer & Sustainability coordinator
"I would highly recommend Trevor to anyone and already have done so. I have traveled extensively and have had massages in many parts of the world and Trevor's rates up with the best. He is very caring and certainly knows the body and what part may effect another and works on all areas even though one might think that it is only upper back pain. [...] I think his dedication to yoga and its vast benefits comes through when he is massaging."
–Betsy, Retired Teacher